“I’m going to the Google Party…and I’m going to pee on someone”
Words, fresh off the lips of our very own roving Gurp Reporter, Thuggy Fresh, who’s soaking up the sun, gawking at nerd beezies and drinking as many free Lone Stars he can get his chubby little Mexirican hands on at South By Southwest Interactive right now. He only left last night and already it’s shaping up to be a fucking adventure to say the least. Here are some highlights of his telephone check in.
- Got blotto at Oakland Airport Lounge which resulted in dropping iPod into an impossible to retrieve crevasse between two snoring dudes in the first 15 minutes of a 3 and a half hour flight.
- Sans iPod, Thugula is forced to listen to switch back and forth between Dave Koz channel and Classical Composers channel (no homo) from the in-flight radio service while sweating profusely (too much time smellin’ Oroville’s keys on the way to the airport) and wondering if dudes beside him were ever going to wake the fuck up.
- Thuggy breaks down tunes into the in-flight movie, Enchanted. He said it was the best movie he’s seen in a while. He really loved the music, especially “Happy Working Song”, he doesn’t understand why it didn’t take home the Oscar for Best Song this year.
- Your boy flew to Austin via, what for it….Atlanta where they had to “de-ice” the plane before it could fly further. De-ice in Hotlanta? WTF?
- Thuggy spent the second leg of the trip rocking gently and praying to Jesus for sleep, the only escape from the monster life sucking hangover he was sobering into. His prayers went unanswered because Jesus is a dick.
- With a little over 30 minutes sleep under his belt Thuggy descended into Austin this morning and made his way to the Craigslist crash pad he had arranged for himself. The place is a dirty shit hole but it’s going to work out just fine for the next few days.
As I type this Thuggy could be peeing on someone at the Google party. He’s been instructed to take photos and to text updates, so stay tuned for updates on THUGGY… IN THE LAND OF GUUUUURP (insert echo effect)