I’ve been out the loop (more so than usual) lately, so the show’s been slippin’. Thanks to White Paul and TopR for the shine on the Gurp Board. I’ll try to get back into the every-other-week regimen as best I can.
First of all, since this is the first show I’ve done in 2008, Happy New Year.
This week’s comeback show (but don’t call it that) coincides with the Oscars, so I decided to put together a Fuck The Oscars show. Just a few of my favorite joints from movie soundtracks. Enjoy. I’ll be back in two weeks.
- Ice Cube, “How To Survive In South Central,” Boyz N The Hood (Warner Bros)
- Too $hort, “Only The Strong Will Survive,” Menace II Society (Jive)
- A Tribe Called Quest, “Glamour And Glitz,” The Show (Def Jam)
- Cypress Hill & Sonic Youth, “I Love You Mary Jane,” Judgement Night (Sony)
- Ice-T, “Colors,” Colors (Warner Bros.)
- Notorious B.I.G., “Party And Bullshit,” Who’s The Man? (MCA)
- Geto Boys, “Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangster,” Office Space (Interscope)
- Schoolly-D, “Am I Black Enough For You?” King OF New York (Jive)
- Ice-T & Ice Cube, “Trespass,” Trespass (Warner Bros.)
- Public Enemy, “Fight The Power,” Do The Right Thing (Motown)
- LL Cool J, “Going Back To Cali,” Less Than Zero (Def Jam)
- EA-Ski, “Blast If I Have To,” Friday (Priority)
- Son Of Bazerk, “What Could Be Better Bitch,” Juice (MCA)
- TopR, “DWA,” Piece By Piece (Burning The Candle at Both Ends / e-Lings)
- Ice-T, “New Jack Hustler (Nino’s Theme),” New Jack City (Giant)
Doin’ a show? Got a request or a dedication? Hit me up and let me know, and I’ll get the word out on The 40 Oz Show.
Click the boombox-bagged 40 bottle at the top to download this whole show as one mp3. Better yet…Subscribe to The 40 Oz Show semi-monthly podcast: Copy and paste this link…
…into your media player’s podcast window. Or just search the iTunes store’s podcast section for The 40 Oz Show.