DJ Stef here. About to be “livin’ it up, livin’ it up, oh yeah, Friday night.” Unfortunately I can’t sing “Friday night, just got paid.” Cuz I didn’t get paid. ANYwayz here are a few jawns going on in the SF city.
- Fishbone atÂ the Independent! You’ll see the Funky Biznatch and me there. If you know me, you know I am ancient. I must have seen Fishbone at least 10 times in the 80s, including when they opened for the Beastie Boys’ Licensed to Ill tour 21 years ago this month. I haven’t seen them since like ’92 so I am super stoked.
- Â Bomb Hip-HopÂ presents COLLECTOR @Â Space Gallery. This is the 2nd annual exhibit of classic hip-hop record covers and other hip-hop memorabilia. Last year’s was great. Classic hip-hop cuts were played all night. Serg drank Canadian beer and got confused. Open from 7 pm to 1 am. It’s FREE! Distortion 2 Static caught some of the action last year:
TOMORROW, Saturday 2/23
- Tomorrow is the LAST Rucker Park show on KFJC. Mike Boo, Eddie K, Serg and I (and more) are going down to kick it with Trinity and to thank her for her always-awesome show and for supporting and promoting artists and DJs over the years. Listen and watch atÂ kfjc.orgÂ or on 89.7FM, noon to 3:00 pm.
- 4OneFunk presents That’s the Blap atÂ the Elbo Room. Kick it with Azeem, Dnae Beats, Conman, B.Cause and more. And probably, Chauncey. $7 before 11:00.
- Pete Rock, J-Billion and Fluokids atÂ Mezzanine. I want to see the French Pharrell. Oui.
-Patric Fallon’s 25th birthday party atÂ 222. Patric is in All Teeth and Knuckles and Futuristic Prince. He used to work with Serg at Hollywood Video. He’s cool.
- Funkside atÂ Nickie’sÂ with Toph One. Toph holds it down on Haight Street every Saturday night. DJ Raw B is the guest this week. I’ll be DJing there on March 8, celebrating my 46th(!) birthday. Hope to see some of you there.
Have fun! Cheers.