DJ Stef here. About to be “livin’ it up, livin’ it up, oh yeah, Friday night.” Unfortunately I can’t sing “Friday night, just got paid.” Cuz I didn’t get paid. ANYwayz here are a few jawns going on in the SF city.
– Fishbone atÂ the Independent! You’ll see the Funky Biznatch and me there. If you know me, you know I am ancient. I must have seen Fishbone at least 10 times in the 80s, including when they opened for the Beastie Boys’ Licensed to Ill tour 21 years ago this month. I haven’t seen them since like ’92 so I am super stoked.
– Â Bomb Hip-HopÂ presents COLLECTOR @Â Space Gallery. This is the 2nd annual exhibit of classic hip-hop record covers and other hip-hop memorabilia. Last year’s was great. Classic hip-hop cuts were played all night. Serg drank Canadian beer and got confused. Open from 7 pm to 1 am. It’s FREE! Distortion 2 Static caught some of the action last year:
TOMORROW, Saturday 2/23
– Tomorrow is the LAST Rucker Park show on KFJC. Mike Boo, Eddie K, Serg and I (and more) are going down to kick it with Trinity and to thank her for her always-awesome show and for supporting and promoting artists and DJs over the years. Listen and watch atÂ kfjc.orgÂ or on 89.7FM, noon to 3:00 pm.
– 4OneFunk presents That’s the Blap atÂ the Elbo Room. Kick it with Azeem, Dnae Beats, Conman, B.Cause and more. And probably, Chauncey. $7 before 11:00.
– Pete Rock, J-Billion and Fluokids atÂ Mezzanine. I want to see the French Pharrell. Oui.
–Patric Fallon’s 25th birthday party atÂ 222. Patric is in All Teeth and Knuckles and Futuristic Prince. He used to work with Serg at Hollywood Video. He’s cool.
– Funkside atÂ Nickie’sÂ with Toph One. Toph holds it down on Haight Street every Saturday night. DJ Raw B is the guest this week. I’ll be DJing there on March 8, celebrating my 46th(!) birthday. Hope to see some of you there.
Have fun! Cheers.