Super Fresh, piping hot, next day service — it’s this week’s edition of The 40 Oz Show. Click the boombox-bagged 40 bottle to download the whole thing. To see the playlist and subscribe to the weekly podcast, CLICK HERE.
Archive for March, 2007
The MC Oroville video has hit the inter-web. honestly I never thought it would see the light of day. Man did your boy have alot of hair (snif), time to start growing it back Jeffery. This video was supposed to come out along side the new Oroville “Buy SoMETHing” mixtape that was recorded a long ass time ago but who knows where that shit is. Maybe the magic Mixtape Fairy will make it just appear out of nowhere someday. Props to Uncle Drew for all his hard work on the video and to Lord Facials for being the only cat who woke up early enough to get a cameo.
Chico was the place to be this past Saturday as Sergdun, DJ Stef, Lyds, Brandon B and Myself all rolled up to check out Liquor Bank, Dap One’s Hit the Deck Art Show and The Main event which was a private screening of the Trailer Park Boys Movie as put on by Manny at Paradise Lost. Serg has a recap over at Beer and Rap dot com.
Here are the last two weeks of The 40 Oz Show. Tell a friend…
- Main Source, “Just Hangin’ Out,” Breaking Atoms (Capitol)
- Zion-I & The Grouch, “Trains & Plains,” …Are Heroes in the City of Dope (Om)
- Black Sheep, “Without A Doubt,” Non-Fiction (Polygram)
- Hard 2 Obtain, “Shit We Do,” Ism & Blues (Traffic Ent.)
- The Beatnuts, “Superbad,” Street Level (Relativity)
- Atmosphere, “Free Or Dead,” Lucy Ford EP (Rhymesayers)
- Mr. Lif, “Madness In A Cup,” Sleepyheads (Thought Wizard Productions)
- Ludacris, “Tell It Like It Is,” Release Therapy (Def Jam)
- T.I., “I’m Talkin’ To You,” King (Atlantic)
- MHz, “Rocket Science,” Table Scraps (NCS)
- Geto Boys, “Fuck A War,” We Can’t Be Stopped (Asylum)
- Gravediggaz, “1-800-Suicide,” 6 Feet Deep (V2)
- Nas, “Everything Is Real,”
- Notorious B.I.G., “Machine Gun Funk,” Ready To Die (Bad Boy)
- Snoop Dogg, “Candy (Drippin’ Like Water)” feat. E-40, MC Eiht, Goldie Loc, Daz & Kurrupt, The Blue Carpet Treatment (Geffen)
- Mac Dre, “2 Hard 4 The Fuckin’ Radio,” Young Black Brotha
- Rich Boy, Throw Some D’s (feat. Polow Da Don), Rich Boy (Interscope)
- Sacred Hoop, “Tuesday Night,” Go Hog Wild (Sacred Hoop LLC)
- RZA, “We Pop,” Birth Of A Prince (Sanctuary)
- Trick Daddy, “Lights Off” feat. International Jones, Back By Thug Demand (Atlantic)
- El-P, “RMG,” I’ll Sleep Whn You’re Dead (Definitive Jux)
- Illogic, “Birthright,” Celestial Clockwork (Weightless)
- Ice Cube, “Who’s The Mack,” AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted (Priority)
- B-Legit, “Kill Somebody,” Block Movement (SMC)
- 8ball & MJG, “Runnin’ Outta Bud” feat. Killer Mike, Ridin’ High (Bad Boy)
- Mims, “This Is Why I’m Hot,” CD single (Capitol)
- Kool G. Rap & DJ Polo, “Ill Street Blues,” Live And Let Die (Cold Chillin’)
- Andre Nickatina and Equipto, “Boss Soss Talk” feat. Shag Nasty, Horns And Halos (Million Dollar)
- Mobb Deep, “Can’t Get Enough Of It,” Hell On Earth (Relativity)
- Too $hort, “In The Trunk,” Shorty The Pimp (Jive)
Click the boombox-bagged 40 bottles at the top of each playlist to download each show as one mp3. Better yet…
Subscribe to The 40 Oz Show weekly podcast: Copy and paste this link…
…into your desktop media player’s podcast streamer. You can also find it in the iTunes Music Store, just search for “40 oz show”…
For more stuff like this, check out www.AudioNarcotic.com…
Hey people, In case you didn’t know already the Hoop’s new album is out and blazing the ears of privaleged youth all across the country, but thats not enough. Spread the word folkers, if fools cant wait for some stoner to mail it out to them the album is available at any online retailer you can think of and even some illegal European ones (fuckers). Here’s some free tracks for fools to peep if they still need more convincing. Beleeeeeedahype dammit.
Say Hello to Conceit aka “The Johnny Drama of rap” guest posting this morning with the mother of all hangovers.
You wanna go to war!! We’ll take you to war!! What started off as an innocent celebration of St.Patty’s eve turned into an abomination of mass bodily destruction we like to call “Iracks”. That’s right kids…. we have a new drink that will take you and your body(especially the next morning) to WAR!!! After meeting up with Thuggy and him “casually” mentioning he had purchased a fifth of Jameson, we ventured to visit Faydog, get pizza, and 2 pitchers at Lanesplitters. The early signs of what was to come began while hitting the liquor store to pick up 4 cans of 100 racks to mix with our fifth of Irish delight. While leaving the store me and Thuggy were almost forced to create a “casualty of war”, when approached by West Oakland’s finest example of when Hyphy goes wrong. Being we don’t beat up lil’ kids with ponytails we kept it moving and proceeded back to No Respect studios where we formulated the deadly combination now known as IRACKS. This drink is a mixture of equal parts Jameson and 100 Racks energy drink a.k.a “The Energy Drink For Real Hustlers” (what up Messy!!). After 2 strong sips I managed to spill my first pint on the No Respect Studios floor due to what I like to call the “Shock and Awe” effect of your body’s initial reaction to “going to WAR!!”. The events which took place after can only be labeld as vivid “flashbacks” and “shellshocked memories” of bringing in St.Patty’s with a “bang”. The list follows as such…. recording a song that we later erased while trying to listen to, due to a Tsunami attack , My Sp- 404 being dropped by Thuggy as a “retalliation” for earlier party foul “manuvers and tactics”, a random gathering of “allies” striking through the No Respect “home base” at 3am, which included Z-man in a sports coat with 2 snowbunnies, Thuggy’s neighbors side chick being dropped off(ditched) at the crib and then doing her best impression of Gloria Estefan meets M.I.A meets Johnny Depps wife in BLOW. After blacking out and wakeing up not knowing where I was the next morning with a severe urge to curl in a ball and cry while Thuggy handed me a “That’s a bad look son” sticker, I can say I survived the “WAR!!” I would ellaborate more but my brain is melting as I type this….so to finalize this….NEW DRINK KIDS!!! JAMESON(irish whiskey) & 100 RACKS(energy drink) = IRACKS. Happy St.Gurp’s Day soldiers and guard your grill!! -Concizzle
Party All Night – Z Man From “4 Hours Of Sleep” (rt. click save as)
Get your Tapes – Z man from “4 Hours of Sleep” (rt. click save as)
Z Man’s catalog goes way back to the early/mid nineties. Theres the stuff he did with his brother Maz through the releases with former group 99th Demension as well as the Gingerbread Man saga. Back in like 99 (I think) Z gave me this tape he made all by himself on a borrowed 4-Track with a bunch of beats from his boy Sllim Goody as well as a few from Sacred Hoop’s Vrse Murphy. “4 Hours of Sleep” is considered by many to be Z’s best work, dirty and Lo-Fi, desperate and personal the songs are pages torn out of the book of Z’s life at the time.
Gurp City is celebrating St. Patrick’s Day weekend by giving away a free download of the entire 4 hours of sleep album
until Monday morning UPDATE: We’re gonna keep it up for a couple more days so spread the word. click here to download the whole album.
Party safe this weekend!!! – Thuggy
DJ Stef’s Birthday at milk was off the chain and Diane has the pics to prove it. Click Here to see. Check back here soon, more pictures will be coming.
(P.S. Dont belive the hype, thats not me dancing)
Someone whos name I forgot, DJ Ross Hogg, DJ Neta(hidden), Aw Damn, B Cause, Stef and Serg.
Stef and Kirbs
Big Max and Stef pose while Oroville and me show you how to make the Gurp Face.
TopR and CO. played in Seattle back on Feburary 17th. Loyal Gurp City Soldier and The Greatest Trampoline Wrestling Federation Champion ever Crackhead Creighton was there to shoot pictures. Because of a free flickr account overload I only posted a couple pictures (donate $25 paypal to gurpcityproductions-at-yahoo.com and ill upgrade to pro) click here to download the .zip file.
Hit up MILK (1840 Haight St., SF) to see Mr. Supreme, B Cause, Kingmost, Centipede, Serge, Matthew Africa, Ross Hogg, Neta, Madison, Vin Sol, Fernando and Rascue spin 45s. Happy Birthday DJ Stef!
This is going to be a mainey one. TopR is headlining at Club 6 Darkroom on Saturday March 24th, with Million Bucks (Boac and Consizzle) and Kelsone…but everyone is going to want to show up early, as Hella Record‘s Co-Deez will take the stage as well.